What is YQCA?
YQCA is a multi-specie, science-based education program, offering access to every youth exhibitor age 8-21, nationally. National pork Board supports the YQCA program and has made efforts to make this the youth certifications program of choice.
Goals of YQCA:
1. Ensure safety and well-being of animals produced by youth for showing and for 4-H and FFA projects.
3. Enhance the future of the livestock industry by educating youth on these very important issues so they can become more informed producers, consumers, and/ or employees in the agriculture and food industry.
4. Maximize the limited development time and budgets of state and national youth program leaders to provide an effective quality assurance program.
2. Ensure safe food supply to consumers.
5. Offer livestock shows a valid, national quality assurance certification for youth livestock exhibitors.
Youth with current PQA Certification
Youth that currently hold a PQA certification are still able to utilize this certification. The Youth PQA certification will be accepted at shows and with packers until June 2021.